And now the dumbest part of our last few weeks (combined)…
Dumb questions always deserve dumb answers
5. “I don’t know what a ‘superfood’ is. Does it have to do with antioxidants?” — NYT‘s Josh Barro. Surely Josh has fingers for Google and could figure this out on his own.
Does he even speak English anymore?
4. “My thank to you tweeples who engaged with me the last 2 nights on #Ebola and Rights, provoking thought, and this.” — National Journal‘s serial tweeter Ron Fournier, who earned this for forgetting the “s” on “thanks” and for his un-ironic use of the word “tweeples.”
There’s a mysterious ‘dumb’ theme going on here today…
3. “I wish the new Taylor Swift album didn’t make me think about Harry Styles’ dumb hair.” — HuffPost‘s Elise Foley.
MSNBC host afflicted with ‘Twitter vertigo’
2. “What is source for what everyone is now tweeting about? I have Twitter vertigo.” — MSNBC’s Chris Hayes. Hazy could have also easily won a spot on this list with either of the following: A) “Wondering if Kaci Hickox will go trick or treating in Maine this Halloween as herself.” B) “Anyone using chickenshitgate yet?” (Please see the headline on Dumb Tweet #5.)
Say hello to King ‘Dumb Dumb’
1. “I wrote a blog post but then forgot to save it and closed the tab like a dumb dumb :(” — Mother Jones Engagement Editor Ben Dreyfuss, son of that actor, YOU KNOW WHO (his first name begins with an R and ends with ichard.). Congratulations Ben!