A Nebraska father managed to accidentally eat four pot brownies his kids left in the backseat of his car.
The unnamed 53-year-old man was unloading groceries and found the brownies in the backseat of his car. He ate them, then proceeded to have a mini-freakout and throw shade on the family cat, the Omaha World-Herald reported Thursday.
After watching some television, the man complained to his wife of feeling very anxious. Omaha police were called to the house Tuesday night over what was described as an “accidental overdose.”
After police arrived at the scene, one of the couple’s children showed up and told police that the brownies, which the kid said he was “pretty sure” were laced with marijuana, belonged to his siblings.
By the time EMS arrived at the home, despite having normal vital sings, the mans behavior had become highly erratic. Paramedics said he was “crawling around on the floor,” and he even went as far as to bring the family’s cat into the mix, calling it a “bitch.”
After telling paramedics that he felt like he was “tripping,” he refused an offer to be taken to the hospital. The EMS technicians helped the man into bed, presumably to sleep it off.
A spokesman for the Omaha police said the investigation has been finished, and there has been no indication of any charges being pressed against the kids.
All About Counseling notes that some symptoms of marijuana overdose include anxiety and paranoia, which may account for why the cat had been called a bitch. What isn’t clear is how one manages to “accidentally” eat four pot brownies, as they have an extremely unique flavor to them — so I’ve heard.
Send tips to craig@
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.