REPORT: WWE Selling To UFC Parent Company Endeavor At $9.3 Billion Valuation

(Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)

Andrew Powell Sports and Entertainment Blogger
Font Size:

I love it, WWE! I love it, Vince McMahon!

World Wrestling Entertainment, known as WWE for short, and owned by Vince McMahon (for now), is in deep conversations to be sold to UFC parent company Endeavor Group (which is owned by Ari Emanuel), according to a report from CNBC.

An official announcement of the sale could come as soon as today, and as a result of the transaction, both WWE and UFC will be forming a new publicly-traded company (per the agreement), according to CNBC.

The report also states that Endeavor will own 51% of the new combat sports and entertainment company, while WWE shareholders will hold the remaining 49%. WWE has an enterprise value of $9.3 billion.

Dana White will stay on as president of UFC, while Nick Khan (who is currently the CEO of WWE) will hold the same position on the wrestling side of things.

I am absolutely loving this move by Vince McMahon and WWE!

And speaking of Vince, I’m diggin’ the new look as well (this was him at WrestleMania this weekend):

I was worried that WWE would be sold to Saudi Arabia or Disney or somewhere lame like that, but Vince & Co. did the best thing they could have done and sold it to Endeavor!

It makes me feel good about the future of WWE, knowing that UFC has thrived under their leadership. (RELATED: Victor Wembanyama Pulls Off Absolutely Insane Dunk (And This Is Exactly Why He’s Expected To Go No. 1 In NBA Draft)

And since I’m blogging about wrestling, let’s go ahead and “acknowledge” (pun most certainly intended) the elephant in the room, or should we say your Tribal Chief and Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns?

God, last night was absolutely beautiful at WrestleMania.

So true. So, so true:

Man, I love my Tribal Chief.