And now for the dumbest part of our week…
Journo loves his spinach
5. “Spinach gets a bad rap. Actually is pretty delicious.” — WSJ‘s Reid Epstein.
Authorities look to Chris Hayes for crowd control guidance (no, not really)
4. “I think keeping vehicles off this stretch was a very very smart decision.” –MSNBC’s Chris Hayes. Hayes could’ve also won for this non-descriptive nothingness: “High of 99 today, no one on the street, sound of cicadas. #Ferguson.”
Bold confessional: Journo was somewhat high from age 15-21
3. “Trying to think of a time between the age of 15-21 when I didn’t have marijuana in my system.” — BuzzFeed Andrew Kaczynski.
Journo likes sesame seeds
2. “Sesame seeds, ranked 1. Black sesame seeds 2. All other sesame seeds.” — Peter Ogburn, producer for lefty radio host Bill Press. When asked if this was a submission for “5 Dumbest Tweets,” he replied, “It’s a statement of fact. QUOTE ME.”
Gee, thanks Spencer Ackerman for most obvious statement of the week
1. “If you have never been captured and threatened with imminent death, perhaps consider not judging another person’s coerced last words.” — The Guardian‘s Spencer Ackerman, who was, of course, retweeted by National Journal‘s serial tweeter Ron Fournier.