And now for the dumbest part of our week…
5. “All the emails we get that start ‘Hey Talking, I just wanted to update you on …’ I don’t feel like those are real emails to us.” — Talking Points Memo editor Josh Marshall.
MSNBC’s Chris Hayes is full of sh*t (generally, but specifically about this)
4. “You can’t do this job and give a f*ck about internet blacklash, or you’ll lose your mind.” — MSNBC’s Chris Hayes, who clearly gives a f*ck about what the Twittersphere thinks as evidenced by the fact that he can’t go on “vacation” and stop tweeting. He has to weigh in daily because God knows how we’d possibly survive without his loquatiousness for a week. He said this right after releasing a really unflaterring video of himself shaking his ass at the camera. Here’s a thought: Maybe Hayes should start a new Ellen DeGeneres dance segment at the beginning of “All In.”
The very definition of why this feature exists
3. “I ate Taco Bell for the first time ever this morning.” — NYT’s Josh Barro. On an ordinary week, Barro’s winning tweet could have easily won him the contest, except chin zits and Ezzy’s feelings about the McMuffin beat him out. Barro apparently didn’t like it much. When asked how it was, he said, “Not great. It’s a dry biscuit, shaped like a taco.”
Actress asks God about chin zits
2. “Dear Skin God, The chin zits. Are they really still necessary? Just curious. Sincerely, Alyssa.” — actress Alyssa Milano.
Ezra Klein is a big fan of the Big Mac — and we need to know this WHY?
1. “I have never agreed with anything as strongly as I agree with this. The Sausage Egg McMuffin is a perfect food. Perfect. The Big Mac is not.” — Vox.com editor-in-chief Ezra Klein, linking to the Vox‘s amazing story, “To save its business, McDonald’s needs to ditch burgers and focus on McMuffins.”