Politics

‘No Such Thing As Due Process?’ – Trump Weighs In On Domestic Abuse Allegations

Photo by Isaac Brekken/Getty Images

Saagar Enjeti White House Correspondent

President Donald Trump reacted to allegations that his former staff secretary Rob Porter abused two of his ex-wives, lamenting that accusations often amount to the end of one’s career in today’s media environment.

Two of Porter’s ex-wives told The Daily Mail he abused them and also included photo evidence.

Porter denied the allegations via White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders Wednesday, saying, “These outrageous allegations are simply false. I took the photos given to the media nearly 15 years ago.  And the reality behind them is nowhere close to what is being described. I’ve been transparent and truthful about these vile claims, but I will not further engage publicly with a coordinated smear campaign.”

Trump previously reacted to the Porter story Friday saying, “It was very sad when we heard about it and certainly he is also very sad. He also, as you probably know, says he is innocent and I think you have to remember that. He said very strongly yesterday that he is innocent. You will have to talk to him about that.”

Follow Saagar Enjeti on Twitter