Mary-Kate Olsen filed an emergency petition to divorce her husband Olivier Sarkozy after 5 years of marriage, but it has been denied due to the coronavirus.
“Only essential/emergency matters are allowed to be filed,” Lucian Chalfen, a spokesperson for the New York Supreme Court shared with CNN in a piece published Friday. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football)
View this post on Instagram
“The original filing was rejected by the New York County (Manhattan) clerk because they did not follow the essential matter procedure,” he added. “They refiled under the essential matter procedure, and the matter was referred to an ex parte State Supreme Court Judge.” (RELATED: REPORT: Coachella Potentially Rescheduled To October Due To Coronavirus Fears)
Chalfen continued, while he noted that the judge, “just decided that it is not essential, so they can’t file anything at this point.”
It all comes following reports earlier this week the 33-year-old actress filed an emergency petition to end her marriage to the French banker. In the emergency order, she requested for a divorce and that their prenup agreement be enforced.
The “Full House” star had reportedly previously attempted on April 17 to file for a divorce, but was told at the time nothing but emergency orders could be filled due to the coronavirus outbreak, per E! News.
As previously reported, in documents obtained by TMZ, Mary-Kate said she can’t meet a deadline of May 18 set by her husband’s attorney to get her stuff out of their New York City apartment due to COVID-19 restrictions and has asked for them to give her to the end of May.
According to the report:
Mary-Kate says the only way she can protect her property is if she’s to file a divorce petition. That would trigger an automatic court order preventing him from disposing of her property.
The French banker and actress first sparked dating rumors in 2012. They would later tie the knot in November 2015 at an intimate ceremony in Manhattan.