Fox News and NBC have become the latest media outlets to pull President Donald Trump’s advertisement about illegal immigration from their networks.
CNN deemed the advertisement “racist” last week, but Fox and NBC continued to run the ad, which features an illegal immigrant cop killer and video of the migrant caravan rushing the Mexican border. (RELATED: Media Decries Trump’s Illegal Immigration Ad As ‘Racist’)
“Upon further review, FOX News pulled the ad yesterday and it will not appear on either FOX News Channel or FOX Business Network,” Marianna Gambelli, Fox’s ad sales president said.
That racist Trump ad WAS running on Fox News, but not anymore: “Upon further review, FOX News pulled the ad yesterday and it will not appear on either FOX News Channel or FOX Business Network,” ad sales president Marianne Gambelli says. https://t.co/BJWKspmiwM
— Brian Stelter (@brianstelter) November 5, 2018
NBC similarly announced Monday, “After further review, we recognize the insensitive nature of the ad and have decided to cease airing it across properties as soon as possible.”
NEW NBC statement regarding the Trump immigration ad:
“After further review we recognize the insensitive nature of the ad and have decided to cease airing it across our properties as soon as possible.” – NBCUniversal Spokesperson.
— Dylan Byers (@DylanByers) November 5, 2018
WATCH THE AD:
Our new ad starts tonight. Take a look at this ad running nationally for a 1.5MM dollar buy. BUT, @CNN will not let us buy on their network. Do they not want to show REAL news? @donlemon pic.twitter.com/QyeiMDQG1R
— Brad Parscale (@parscale) November 2, 2018
The advertisement blames Democrats for allowing criminal illegal immigrants into the United States and specifically references notorious cop-killer Luis Bracamontes.
CNN anchor Wolf Blitzer called it a “rather racist ad” and said that he would not play it on his program. Anchors on MSNBC made similar programming decisions last week.