Prince Philip reportedly thought Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey was “madness.”
The Duke of Edinburgh believed “no good could come from” the interview, according to royal biographer Gyles Brandeth.
Prince Philip ‘thought Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Oprah interview was madness’ and ‘no good would come of it’, says royal experthttps://t.co/5WpI3ueHpV
— OK! Magazine (@OK_Magazine) April 12, 2021
“I know from someone close to him that he thought Meghan and Harry’s interview with Oprah Winfrey was ‘madness’ and ‘no good would come of it,'” Brandeth told the Daily Mail in an interview published Sunday. “I was not surprised because that is exactly how he described to me the personal TV interviews given by Prince Charles and Diana, Princess of Wales, back in the 1990s.'” (RELATED: Prince Philip Dies At 99 Years Old)
Prince Philip, who passed away April 9, was allegedly most worried about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s “preoccupation with their own problems.”
Prince Harry and Markle gave a tell-all interview with Winfrey that aired March 7 while Prince Philip was recovering in the hospital. The royal couple accused the palace of racism and Markle opened up about her suicidal thoughts, as previously reported.
“The fact that the Meghan and Harry interview was aired while Philip was in hospital did not trouble him,” Brandeth said. “What did worry him was the couple’s preoccupation with their own problems and their willingness to talk about them in public. ‘Give TV interviews by all means, but don’t talk about yourself.'”
“That was one of his rules,” the royal biographer continued. “I know he shared it with his children. I imagine he shared it with his grandchildren, too.”