Despite picking the AZ upset, getting the Wash/Green Bay game right (and even calling a tie on that one, which it almost was) and calling Detroit’s blow-out, I was terrible in nearly every other game. Just terrible. I finished 4-10 and am now 39-37 overall.
• Sea @ Chic (-6.5). Mike Martz is on crack for benching Todd Collins. So much potential. Chic 20, Sea 16.
• Mia @ GB (-3.5). 4 more Packer starters were apparently just injured while listening to Mike McCarthy’s update about the other injuries. GB 31, Mia 13.
• KC @ Hou (-4.5). KC put up a much better fight last week in Indy than folks predicted. But they still lost – and lost in good part because Dwayne Bowe couldn’t catch a staph infection in the Browns’ locker room. Hou 27, KC 17.
• Balt @ NE (-2.5). At one point this past week, I read about an apparent flap between Randy Moss and Tom Brady…concerning hair. Both denied this and then there were lots of other denials. Like often is the case, nobody really knows what happened. But an argument about hair? If this didn’t happen, which I rather hope, why would someone make something like this up? I’m still ticked off at myself for reading that rumor…and now writing about it. I feel like Mary Hart. Taking Balt to cover here only because I think it will be a close game and they may control the clock on the ground. NE 20, Balt 19.
• Det @ NYG (-9.5). Whenever I get anti-NYG momentum going, they turn things around and burn me badly. The year they won the Super Bowl, I ripped them and Eli all year only to have them beat my Packers in the NFC Championship at Lambeau. Well my cracks on Eli and the gang started early this year and just when I was really about to tee off, they shock Houston and take down an undefeated Bears’ team. This could be a really dumb pick. NYG 27, Det 24.
• Atl @ Philly (-2.5). DeSean Jackson and I are about the same size. When I was watching him on the sidelines being tended to (injury) last Sunday, the word “wuss” actually crossed my mind for a brief minute. Then I remembered that he’s about my size and he was just dragged to the ground and jumped on by a guy who is 6’3” 245 pounds…and very angry. Then I suddenly remembered going to Lambeau last year and being down on the field seeing Vikings’ T Bryant McKinnie up close. Then I remembered that this McKinnie experience reminded me of that SNL skit – “Oops, I crapped my pants”. DeSean Jackson is not a wuss. Atl 26, Philly 21.