Madonna arrives at the 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards Sunday, Jan. 15, 2012, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Chris Pizzello)
Top ten: funniest Golden Globes tweets
It was an astoundingly boring show. Like most viewers, I was mainly paying attention when host Ricky Gervais was talking. But here are the best mocking tweets of the night:
10. EricStangel: George Clooney wins Best Actor at
#GoldenGlobes. Nice to see things finally going his way…
9. kristenschaaled: I know 2 Globes that didn’t show up: Ricky Gervais’ BALLS! Not rude enough!
8. JoshMalina: Kelsey Grammer should have pre-thanked his next wife.
6. realjeffreyross: Ricky Gervais offends everybody. Especially orthodontists. #GoldenGlobes
5. DannyZuker: Based on the hype I’ll be disappointed if Ricky Gervais does anything less than urinate on a table of movie stars.
: Madonna’s arms fighting for attention from Madonna’s breasts.
3. cancer_cluster: When’s the show where garbage men gives [sic] awards to other garbage men? #garbageglobes
2. andylevy: Win or lose, can we all just take a moment to salute the bravery of everyone in the room tonight?
1. MoRocca: Madonna is from the Mayfair section of Detroit.
Follow Jamie on Twitter