The final coroner’s report on “Glee” superstar Cory Monteith seemed to confirm previous reports that Monteith died of an alcohol and drug overdose, ABC News reports.
The report from the British Columbia Coroners Service released Wednesday revealed that a “spoon with drug residue and a hypodermic needle, along with two empty champagne bottles” were found in the room of the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in Vancouver where Monteith, 31, was staying at the time of his death on July 13.
This information comes in addition to the coroner’s findings that a lethal cocktail of heroin and alcohol contributed to the “Glee” star’s death, which was ruled an accident.
Monteith, who played Finn on the popular high school musical “dramedy,” checked into rehab earlier this year for drug addiction and had a history of substance abuse that dated back to when he was a teenager.
The fifth season of “Glee” premiered on Sept. 26. The premiere episode’s plot made little to no mention of Finn, and the character is scheduled to be written out of the series on the third episode of this season on Oct. 10.