The only people that seem to be enjoying the 136th annual White House Easter Egg Roll Monday are the adults. The Easter bunny is definitely plotting, and the kids are generally miserable.
And Barack, points for passion in your reading of “Where the Wild Things Are,” but you’re scaring the children! See for yourself:
1. What is happening. Get me out of here.
2. A reasonable reaction.
3. From “I think I’m supposed to be happy?” to “GRRR. Why?”
4. Definitely plotting.
5. A sad little boy waits his turn to be comforted.
6. The Easter bunny AND Barack AND Michelle — it’s all just too much.
7. What is this horrible place?
8. This poor girl really sums up the tone of the event.