Reaction to NBC’s Luke Russert being added as a regular face to “Meet the Press” is getting the reaction one might expect: People are pissed.
“Morning Joe’s” Joe Scarborough will also have a regular role on the panel. The show is reportedly trying to add a conservative view.
New York Post‘s Page Six popped the news late Wednesday night.
Gawker‘s Hamilton Nolan wasted no time trashing him, calling him “basically just a dim 29-year-old dude.” He predicted MTP will now be a “landfill full of the most useless NBC personalities.”
A sampling from the Twitter masses:
- “I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bigger case of nepotism EVER. He’ll be running the show in 3 years.”
- “Luke is a goofball.”
- “Peak meritocracy.”
- “The trifecta: nepotism, liberalism & feminism … a ratings bust.”
- “Jeez I thought the idea was to fix MTP.”
- “Luke Russert has already deeply befouled his surname and the legacy of his father. Featuring him on MTP regularly is sacrilege.”
- “Hope he is his father’s son.”
- “Give me a break this is taking nepotism 2 ridiculous heights. He barely does the job now w/o embarrassing his profession now!”
- “Perhaps NBC might consider compelling programming, and not putting hacks like Chuck Todd and imbeciles like Luke Russert on the air.”
Only a few seemed enthused.
- “Only seems right! How I miss Tim.”
“Meet the Press” with Chuck Todd in the hot seat debuts this Sunday.