Taxpayer-Funded Professor Forces Students To Recite America-Hating Version Of Pledge Of Allegiance

An old, obscure history professor at Metropolitan State University of Denver is gaining recognition at last after requiring students to recite his own, America-hating version of the Pledge of Allegiance.

The safely tenured, taxpayer-funded Metro State professor, Charles Angeletti, made students recite his twisted version of the pledge during the fall 2014 semester, Campus Reform reports.

Angeletti circulated his vitriolic version of the traditionally patriotic, 31-word oath to at least one entire class and told students to recite it, according to freshman Steven Farr.

The stylized edit of the Pledge of Allegiance, called “THE NEW PLEDGE,” reads:

“I pledge allegiance to, and wrap myself in, the flag of the United States Against Anything Un-American and to the Republicans for which it stands, two nations, under Jesus, rich against poor, with curtailed liberty and justice for all, except blacks, homosexuals, women who want abortions, Communists, welfare queens, treehuggers, feminazis, illegal immigrants, children of illegal immigrants, and you if you don’t watch your step.”

“This was an attempt to propagandize an entire classroom of young adults,” Farr, a meteorology major, told Campus Reform.

YouTube screenshot/WeirdNews

YouTube screenshot/WeirdNews

Campus Reform also interviewed Angeletti. He was unapologetic.

“We’re very racist. We’re very repressive. We’re very Christian-oriented. We don’t tolerate other kinds of thinking in this country,” the professor told Campus Reform.

Farr noted that Angeletti made no attempt to give any other perspective on the pledge in class. The freshman also claims that the professor belligerently stifled any debate about the mandatory recitation.

Angeletti said he believes the anti-American views he forces on students are beneficial to them.

“I could go on and on — and do — in my classes for hours about things that we need to do to make this a better country,” he told Campus Reform.

“We are scared to death of anything un-American,” he added.

The professor also expressed scorn for “family values people.”

Outside of the bizarro restatement of the Pledge of Allegiance for which he is now temporarily infamous, Angeletti has little in the way of a professional footprint except for teaching at an essentially open-admission regional university.

A February 2010 story in the Metro State student newspaper features a photo of the Wilford Brimley-mustached professor and calls him “a self-proclaimed cynic, socialist, atheist and number-one admirer of the late Howard Zinn.”

The story notes that he has taught at the school since the Carter administration.

A Google preview of a biography of Zinn, a shallow socialist writer panned even by most serious socialists, quotes Angeletti for the proposition that Zinn was “truly revolutionary” and “groundbreaking.”

At Rate My Professors, many students laud Angeletti for his “super easy” coursework. “NO WORK, NO QUIZZES,” they cheer.

Some students promise that Angeletti “will encourage you to become an independent thinker.”

Others say the radical professor gives “irrelevant” lectures and “assumes that every student is ignorant in terms of social inequalities.”

Follow Eric on Twitter. Like Eric on Facebook. Send education-related story tips to erico@dailycaller.com.