Defense

Trump: North Korea Might Not ‘Be Around Much Longer’

President Donald Trump continued the war of words with Pyongyang late Saturday night with another warning to the rogue North Korean regime that once again threatened the North’s existence.

North Korean Foreign Minister Ri Yong-ho addressed the United Nations General Assembly Saturday afternoon, announcing to the world that a “merciless preemptive strike” on the U.S. is inevitable.

“Trump is on a suicide mission,” the North Korean diplomat said.

The president took to to social media to deliver a tough response.

When Trump spoke at the United Nations General Assembly Tuesday, he warned that the U.S. would “totally destroy” North Korea if it was forced to defend itself or its allies. The president’s speech triggered an unprecedented personal response from North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un, who threatened to “tame the mentally-deranged dotard with fire.”

The North Korean foreign minister then suggested that his country might detonate a staged thermonuclear bomb, like the one North Korea tested earlier this month, in the Pacific.

Trump responded on Twitter with a message of his own.

Speaking in Alabama Friday night, the president said that the U.S. will handle North Korea because “we can’t have mad men out there shooting rockets all over the place.”

“I’m sure he’s listening,” Trump said of Kim Jong Un before calling the North a menace.

Both holding nuclear weapons and the means to deliver them to distant shores, Trump and Kim are locked in a battle of the mind that many are hoping does not escalate into actual war.

Follow Ryan on Twitter

Send tips to [email protected]dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected].