US

George Takei Is ‘Shocked’ By Sexual Assault Allegations

Actor and activist George Takei said he is “shocked” by the sexual assault allegations against him Saturday in a series of tweets.

Takei, 80, known for his role on “Star Trek,” responded to the sexual assault allegations on Twitter after being accused Friday of assaulting former male model Scott Brunton at a party in 1981, reported Deadline.

Burton, 23 at the time, accused then 43 or 44-year-old Takei of “groping at my crotch and trying to get my underwear off” while he slept after drinking cocktails at the actor’s home, also claiming the actor told him to “get comfortable.” Burton then “pushed him off” and left the room in an interview with the Hollywood Reporter.

“I don’t want anything from him but an apology,” said Burton, adding, “I am sure he’ll disown all this, I don’t know, maybe not.”

Takei denied the sexual assault allegations in a lengthy post on Twitter Saturday.

Takei previously expressed his disgust for actor Kevin Spacey’s alleged misconduct to underage boys in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter Oct. 30.

Follow Gabrielle on Twitter

Send tips to [email protected]

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected].