This Taxpayer-Funded University Is LITERALLY Building A Segregated Dorm

The University of Connecticut is building a new residence hall that will segregate black people away from the general student population.

The new, segregated, all-male residence hall at the taxpayer-funded, flagship state school will be called ScHOLA²RS House, reports Campus Reform.

The awkwardly long acronym ScHOLA²RS stands for “Scholistic [sic] House Of Leaders who are African Amercian [sic] Researchers and Scholars.” ScHOLA²RS House will be among seven distinct communities at UConn’s $79 million, 210,000 square-foot NextGen Residence Hall, which is set to open in the fall.

It’s not clear if the words “Scholistic” and “Amercian” are purposefully misspelled for some reason.

In any case, the mission of the segregated dorm is “to groom, nurture, and train the next generation of leaders to address grand challenges in society through the promotion of academic success in undergraduate programs at the University of Connecticut and in competitive graduate programs.”

The concept, supporters of the neo-Jim Crow dorm say, is to increase college graduation rates for black males at UConn.

UConn education professor Erik Hines, the faculty director for the dorm, observed that black males at the school get diplomas at a rate of just 54 percent. The rate for all students on campus is 82.5 percent.

“It is a space for African American men to, one, come together, and validate their experiences that they may have on campus,” Hines told Hartford Fox affiliate WTIC-TV. “Number two, it’s also a space where they can have conversation and also talk with individuals who come from the same background who share the same experience.”

Reactions to the segregated dorm were mixed on the University of Connecticut campus.

“I was not pleased,” sophomore Africana studies major Haddiyyah Ali told The Daily Campus, UConn’s student newspaper. “What about black women and girls? What about us?”

“The white portion of the University of Connecticut is probably not ready for it,” junior Isaac Bloodworth, a puppetry major, told the student rag. “You have people who are going to go against it because they are just racist and they see this as a form of segregation, or that we’re getting better things than they are.”

About 40 black males are expected to live in ScHOLA²RS House.

It is not clear what would happen if a male who is not black applied to live in the ScHOLA²RS House community.

UConn is most famous, of course, because a female student said the school’s sports logo is a terrifying husky dog that calls to mind images of sexual assault. (RELATED: College’s Husky Dog Logo Promotes Rape, Says Bitter Feminist Student)

The public school was most recently in the news because obviously wasted student Luke V. Gatti wandered over to the Union Street Market on campus late on a Sunday night and very vociferously demanded to be served “some fuckin’ bacon jalapeño mac and cheese.” (VIDEO: Obnoxious UConn Drunk Demands Jalapeno Bacon Mac And Cheese At Student Union, Gets Pummeled)

Follow Eric on TwitterLike Eric on Facebook. Send education-related story tips to erico@dailycaller.com.